Contact Us  

Other FAQs

More Help Topics >>

I am a foreign student and would like to work in the United States. How do I get a work visa?

See the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services.

How do I get a list of jobs that I have worked?

To make a request for your State of Washington employment history contact:

Employment Security Department
Records Disclosure Unit
P.O. Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507-9046

For more information call 360-292-6036 or send a message to

What is "Site Search"?

Site Search is a fast way to locate information while using You will find a site search text box on the menu bar at the top of each Go2WorkSource page. After entering one or more keywords into the search field, click on the Site Search button to find information on the website containing that word.

Where can I get help with Unemployment Insurance?

To get general information about Unemployment Insurance, filing for Unemployment Insurance Benefits online or for contact information for the Unemployment Claims TeleCenter, see Unemployment Benefits.

Where can I find general information about Employment Security Department programs and services?

For general information about Employment Security Department programs and services, please visit

What is CareerOneStop?

CareerOneStop is a national collection of electronic tools, operating as a federal-state partnership, and funded by the US Department of Labor with grants to states. Each tool offers a solution to the demands of the labor market from the perspective of the job seeker, the employer, and the public workforce community.

What does "legally entitled to work in the US" mean?

You must be legally entitled to work in the United States to register at because this is required by the federal program that provides funding for the service. If you are a United States citizen (that is, if you were born here or, if you were born elsewhere, one or both of your parents were US citizens), then you are by definition legally entitled to work in the United States. If you are an "American National", (that is, if you, or one or both of your parents, were born in an outlying possession of the United States -- for example, American Samoa -- and you owe allegiance to the United States), then you are legally entitled to work in the United States. If you are a resident alien with legal authorization to work here, then you are legally entitled to work in the United States.

Why does Go2WorkSource need to know if I "served in the US military"?

We ask if you have served in the US Military because WorkSource administers special programs, which were developed to assist US Veterans in finding work. If you meet the definition of a US Veteran as stated below, we may have additional services to offer you. A US Veteran is an individual who served on active duty in the US Armed Forces for more than 180 days and who was discharged or released with other than a dishonorable discharge; or received a discharge or release with a service-connected disability. A veteran may also be a member of a Reserve or National Guard unit called to active duty during a period of war or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge is authorized. NOTE: The term "active duty" does not apply to Reserve or National Guard drill or training time unless the individual was disabled en route to/from Reserve or National Guard training.

What is a "Job Search Log"?

A Job Search Log may be required if you are claiming Unemployment Insurance Benefits. This log is used to record all job search activities and for keeping track of weekly job search contacts and qualifying services received at your local employment center. You can retrieve a list of WorkSource jobs that you have applied for by logging in to your account and clicking on "Job Search History" on the left menu bar under "MyWorkSource".

What is CAT?

CAT stands for Commissioner Approved Training. The Employment Security Department Commissioner grants permission for Unemployment Insurance (UI) claimants to enter into a course of instruction without disqualifying himself/herself from entitlement to UI benefits. This determination is reached after considering (1) specifics of the training course, (2) current vocational qualifications of the claimant, (3) the nature of current job markets, and how it relates to the need for new job skills.

A particular training course may be approved for one claimant, but not for another, and not every course of training would be approved. If you want to attend training while receiving Unemployment Insurance benefits, submit a CAT application.

Is Go2WorkSource available in languages other than English?

Yes. Any job order or résumé, as well as all other content, can be translated into six languages: Spanish, Russian, Korean, Simplistic Chinese, Japanese, and Traditional Chinese. Use the "Translate" link at the top of any page.

How do I get a link to my website on Go2WorkSource?

To send a website link request to Go2WorkSource, use the Feedback Form to send your link request. Criteria used to evaluate website link requests are:

  • Is the website useful to Washington State job seekers and/or employers?
  • Is the content relevant?
  • Does the site provide information or services that are not already available or linked to WorkSource?
  • If not, is the quality of the site comparable or better than what is already provided?
  • Is the site well designed, easy to use, and cross-browser accessible to people with disabilities?

How do I get an event listed on the Go2WorkSource Job Fair Calendar?

If your organization is holding a Career event that would be of interest to the job seekers in Washington State, you are welcome to use the Feedback Form to send a request to have your event listed. Please be sure to include the event title, date, time location, event description and contact information. Examples of relevant events: Career Expos, Job Fairs, Workshops, and employment related seminars. We only list events that are free of charge and located within Washington State. Please include a phone number, e-mail address, etc., so we may contact you to verify the event before listing it on the Events page. To find a list of Job Fairs in Washington State, see Job Fair Calendar.

How do I find the nearest WorkSource Office?

Click on "WorkSource Offices" in the blue box at the top of any page to find the office nearest to your location.

What are the web browser requirements for using Go2WorkSource?

The WorkSource Web Site was designed for browsers that support HTTP 1.1, HTML 4.0, Javascript 1.2, and SSL. It is impossible to give an exhaustive list of browsers which meet these criteria, but the site has been tested to work on Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 and up, Safari, Opera, Google Chrome and Firefox. Some older browsers may display minor layout errors.

The text on my screen is too small. How can I make it larger?

To make the text larger on your screen, follow the instructions below:

Internet Explorer:
Click on the "View" menu located at the top of the browser window and select "Text Size".

Click on the View menu and select "Zoom in"
Repeat to increase until you are satisfied with the text size.


Copyright © 2011 Employment Security - All Rights Reserved