This article describes how to upload an existing résumé
to WorkSource from your computer.
If you have an existing résumé in a word processor document (like Microsoft Word), follow these steps to upload your résumé.
Documents created in Microsoft Office 2007, 2010 and 2013 are supported
for this process.
- Click the Post Résumés link on the left menu bar. If
you haven't logged in yet you will be prompted to do so.
- Under Choose Résumé Type, select the Upload existing résumé option.
- Click the Continue button.
- Under Occupational Category, select the occupation category which best describes
the type of work you are seeking.
- Under Summary Statement, enter a concise and specific statement about the
work you are seeking, and your highest level of skill to support that kind of
work. Employers will see this statement first when conducting a résumé search.
A maximum of 80 characters (including spaces) is allowed.
- Under Title, enter a résumé title that you will use later to identify this
résumé in your MyWorkSource account.
- Under Enable Search, select Yes or No to indicate whether or not you wish
your résumé to be viewed by registered employers. Only one résumé can be enabled
at a time.
Under Your Résumé, follow these steps to upload your résumé.
You can upload a résumé document in any of the following formats: .docx, .rtf or
- Click on the “Browse” button (or "Choose File" in some browsers), select the file you are uploading, and click on Open. The file name should appear in the textbox to the left of the “Browse” button.
- Click on the “Upload Résumé” button to start the upload process.
Your résumé document will be converted to plain text and will appear in the text box below the “Upload Résumé” button. It may not look quite the same as it did in your word processor, but you can edit in this box until it looks good to you.
- To view your uploaded document as it will appear to employers, click on the “Preview Résumé” button at the bottom of the page.
To make changes to your résumé, click the Edit Résumé button. To save your résumé, click the Post Résumé to WorkSource button.
You may also copy-and-paste from your word processing program into the text box.
Manually entering text into the text box is not recommended. If you exceed the 60-minute session time limit, your résumé may not save properly. You are encouraged to compose your résumé in a word processing document and then upload it using the
upload method described above, or copy-and-paste it into the text box.
The maximum size allowed for your résumé is 50,000 characters. This translates into approximately 10 pages.